Wednesday 6 May 2009

Day 8, The Morning Meeting, The UK Desk, Making an Impression

Day Eight

I made sure that I arrived early this morning. I took the time took look at a few market related Bloomberg screens before the morning meeting.

The morning meeting was much the same as the previous ones. I was coming to the conclusion that the reason I was having difficulty understanding comments from the sales force was because they were not really saying very much. Smoke and Mirrors?

After the meeting I introduced myself to the UK desk. There were six people on the desk and not one of them had the time to talk to me or explain anything to me. I sat around looking over shoulders until lunchtime when the desk evaporated to ‘client lunches’.

It was clear that I was not going to learn anything new today. Nor was I making a good impression, or any impression for that matter.

I was right.

The next few days I was scheduled to spend in the settlements department.

No comments:

Post a Comment